The counselling section provides oversight to all counselling related services/activities in the program. The following are the activities/services provided:1. Individual and couples’ HIV counselling & testing (HCT) for clients in research (e.g. RCCS, Neural, Risk etc) and service settings
2. HIV counselling and testing for most at risk populations (MARPs)using the test and treat model
3. Gender based violence counselling to both perpetrators and victims
4. Counselling clients seeking voluntary male medical circumcision
5. Adherence counselling for clients on ART
6. Support supervision and quality control of all HCT related services in Rakai district health facilities and support supervision for SMC counselling both at the district and national level.
7. Training district and national health workers in comprehensive HCT; SMC counselling; GBV counselling; and training peer leaders for the different specific groups such as MARPs and Option B+ mothers
8. Providing regular psychosocial support and counselling services to HIV discordant couple self-help support groups and family support groups for PMTCT.
9. Providing practicum training to both undergraduate and graduate students both in-country and international students
10. Counseling RHSP staff, their children and spouses; and students on practicum
11. Networking with the district health teams and AIDS service organizations in the district